Occupational Therapy Doctorate
|Welcome to Virginia Commonwealth University's
Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD)
|The occupational therapy doctorate is for registered occupational therapists (students who have a BS, BA or MS degree in occupational therapy and are NBCOT certified).|
Why the OTD at VCU?
Leadership development, practical skills, lifetime professional relationships
Virginia Commonwealth University's Department of Occupational Therapy is dedicated to providing high-quality education and ranked #15 for the Best Graduate Program in Occupational Therapy in U.S. News & World Report's 2008 "Best Graduate School" rankings.
VCU's Online Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) program provides graduates with the practical leadership skills to drive change and benefit occupational therapy practice or the community at large. By developing leaders and scaffolding inherent leadership ability, our graduates have the skills and insight to meet the challenges of the new millennium. Our renowned faculty are skilled leaders, dedicated researchers, and insightful educators who work collaboratively with students.
The Underpinnings of VCU's Online OTD
- Nearly 15 years experience teaching online courses in the School of Allied Health Professions
- Open to students without disrupting their careers or relocating their families
- Part-time semester coursework that is "doable" while being employed
- Capstone Leadership Project related to student interest and passion
- Development of professional relationships for a lifetime