Provide clinical education for pastoral care professionals as well as other healthcare providers in the spiritual care of patients and families within an interdisciplinary context.
In pursuit of this mission, specific objectives are:
- To teach care and education in a manner that is theologically aware and cognizant of current theories and skills in caring for ill people.
- To work holistically with other disciplines and to promote and interpret the place of clinical spiritual care.
- To provide sensitive and competent pastoral care to patients, families, and staff in which the dignity of culture and the experience of each individual is valued.
- To promote a supportive environment of a caring community in which to develop students who are in the professional formation process.
- To promote the advancement of research literacy and evidence-based practice for health care chaplaincy.
- To teach clinical ethics and health care management within the context of clinical spiritual care.